An opportunity now exists for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Portland and/or Reno team. The position would suit graduates with up to 2 years experience.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with experienced leaders in soft ground engineering, slope stability, roads, dams and mine infrastructure.
The major focus and responsibilities of this position include:
• Undertake geotechnical investigations;
• Work with or supervise field technicians and (earthworks and drilling) subcontractors;
• Assist project managers with assessment and analysis of geotechnical conditions;
• Assist with compilation of data, interpreting results and basic report writing;
• Complete other tasks as requested by supervisor or project managers;
• Undertake assignments that may involve travel and periods of time away from home office
You will need to possess the following attributes:
• Bachelor of Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
• Self motivated and well organized;
• Good oral presentation and report writing skills
• Ability to work alone and with a team
• A strong ”safety first” focus
Our Staff Benefit from:
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients’ needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 8,000 people who operate from more than 180 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.