The Albuquerque office of Golder Associates is seeking a Junior Hydrogeologist. This exciting opportunity will allow you to develop your technical skills in the field with like-minded professionals in an employee-owned international firm.
The duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Developing skills in the scoping and managing of desktop and field groundwater investigations.
• Development of conceptual and numerical (computer) hydrogeological models.
• Supervision of field investigations, including drilling, testing and sampling programmes.
• Developing skills in data analyses methods and preparation of proposals and reports.
• Working within multi-disciplinary project teams and team building and mentoring.
• Well installation oversight;
• Groundwater sampling and pumping tests;
• Soil, sediment, and surface water sampling;
• Regulatory database research;
• Hydrogeological studies, related to both groundwater supply and aquifer protection;
• Coordination of projects involving geological description of field samples;
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
• A graduate degree (M.Sc. or Ph.D) in Hydrogeology or a degree in Geological Engineering or Geology with a significant number of hydrogeological courses;
• Strong, all-round academic knowledge of hydrogeology, including two of physical, geochemical or contaminant hydrogeology;
• Experience with industry-standard hydrogeology packages such as Modflow, Aqtesolv, Aquachem, Surfer and Flowpath;
• Must be able to follow a track to professional registration in the region without additional course requirements;
• An interest in numerical groundwater flow modeling would be an asset;
• Interest in and ability to conduct complex field work for extended periods;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Solid critical thinking and problem solving skills;
• Solid organization and time management abilities; and
• Good interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude.
Our Staff Benefit from:
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients’ needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 8,000 people who operate from more than 180 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.