The Redmond office of Golder Associates is seeking an Junior Geochemist. This exciting opportunity will allow you to develop your technical skills in the field with like-minded professionals in an employee-owned international firm.
The successful candidate will undertake the following responsibilities, but is not limited to:
• Providing support for geochemical projects, specifically in mining environments;
• Conducting geochemical characterization studies (soil, mine wastes and ore), associated groundwater and surface water sampling and other environmental investigations;
• Collection, management and analysis of geochemical data;
• Water quality and geochemical modeling;
• Report preparation;
• Demonstrating a “Safety-First” focus; and,
• Maintaining a high standard of behaviour to uphold Golder’s reputation and demonstrating a commitment to our Core Values.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in geochemistry, geology or another related geosciences discipline, with a focus on mining related activities;
• Academic knowledge of geology, geochemistry, surface water and groundwater interactions, hydrology, water treatment and physical and chemical hydrogeology would
be considered an asset;
• Familiarity with industry-standard geochemical software such as PHREEQC, Geochemist’s Workbench, and GoldSim would be considered an asset;
• Eligibility to register as a professional Geoscientist in the region
• Strong data manipulation abilities (e.g. Excel and Access);
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong commitment to quality and timely delivery of services;
• Proven time management, and critical thinking skills are essential;
• Well developed interpersonal skills;
• High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic;
• Committed to being a valuable part of a high performing team; and,
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Our Staff Benefit from:
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients’ needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 8,000 people who operate from more than 180 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.