As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 165 offices worldwide, our over 7000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
For more information, visit golder.com
Reporting to the North American Marketing Leader and working in close collaboration with Vice President, Americas Mining Sector, the Marketing Specialist is a member of the North American Marketing Team and advances the marketing and business development activities of the North American Mining Sector.
The Marketing Specialist provides support to raise Golder’s profile in our client sector supporting the priorities for the sector and executing on the sector’s annual business plans. Through strategic marketing planning and execution, opportunity identification, internal client relationship development, and effective communication, the Marketing Specialist helps Golder build the business.
- Participate in business planning meetings and work with the Sector Leader to develop the annual business plans for the sector; implement required marketing plans to support business objectives.
- Participate in sector calls, with a focus on opportunities and client development; maintain sector information on intranet sites.
- Support and track the progress of sector initiatives, including regular financial analysis of overall sector performance, tracking areas such as: sales, revenues, new projects and new proposals/ opportunities and budget, in collaboration with the Business Development Analytics Specialist, North America.
- Prepare sector presentations for both internal and external use, as required.
- Oversee coordination of national sector conferences, tradeshow, sponsorships, developing Golder’s sponsorship and participation strategies and speaking opportunities, and managing budgets, attending and participating as required.
- Plan and execute client relationship development activities, including client events, seminars, workshops, and participate as required, representing Golder marketing and interacting with clients.
- Facilitate discussions around the nature of marketing material required (e.g. brochures, SOQs, sell sheets, project experience for client meetings, for distribution at conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.), advising on the most effective approach to support the sector’s business objectives; develop promotional material, in collaboration with technical leads and graphics team, and in adherence with global brand standards guidelines.
- Research and coordinate advertising and publishing opportunities in sector-specific or –related publications.
- Stay abreast and participate (where required) in industry associations related to the sector.
- Lead content generation of relevant sector information for sharing on website, internal channels and social media, working in collaboration with the other members of NA Marketing.
- Facilitate sector market research, analyze trends, determine needs and expectations of target markets, potential clients, project and sector opportunities, and recommend strategies to meet objectives, in collaboration with Research Analyst.
- Coordinate elements of the Client Feedback Program, including coordinating client satisfaction meetings and recommending client service improvements, in collaboration with client leads and project managers.
- Actively participate in and contribute to North American Marketing Team and other sector calls.
- Other duties, as required.