Golder Associates, Inc. is seeking an engineering student for a 3 - 6 month term (6 month preferred) engineering co-op position. Employment will begin in late May 2018 in the Reno, NV office and will last through August or December depending on the time commitment availability of the student. Responsibilities Include:
* Support mining, power, solid waste, water treatment, and oil and gas projects as an engineering co-op.
* Perform construction observation, field and laboratory testing, and design interpretation to assure that projects are completed in accordance with project design drawings and technical specifications.
* Expected to interact with both contractors and owners in a positive and constructive manner to solve issues that arise during construction.
* Must take a personal and active approach to health, safety, and environment and understand and follow all state, federal, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements applicable to the work area and tasks assigned.
* Basic civil design and site grading using drafting software.
* Development of engineering calculations to support larger project reports.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Currently enrolled in a bachelor degree program in a related field of engineering, specifically: geoenvironmental, geotechnical, geological, civil, water resources, or environmental engineering.
* Willingness to work within various industries and market sectors, and learn geoengineering and geoscience fundamentals is required.
* Ability to communicate constructively with contractors, owners, and Golder personnel is essential, as is the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills, and demonstrated leadership ability.
* Willingness to travel for extended assignments and on short notice.
* Working knowledge of computers and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Daily report writing and construction documentation is required.
* A minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 is required.
* Ability to commit to a 3 to 6-month-long co-op position starting in May 2018 and ending in December 2018. The co-op position will be based out of the Denver, Colorado area.
* The candidate must be eligible to work permanently in the United States, possess a valid driver's license, and pass a pre-employment physical including drug screening and criminal background check.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for!
Established in 1960, Golder is a global, employee-owned organisation driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From over 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees help our clients find sustainable solutions to the challenges society faces today including extraction of finite resources, energy and water supply and management, waste management, urbanisation, and climate change. We do this by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services to our clients in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Statement
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.